Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gasoline credit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

gasoline credit cards?

Does anyone know where to apply for gasoline credit cards that are also tied to rewards, such as but not limited to, frequent flyer miles and or rebates. Also, what are the usual credit scores required for these?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Re: gasoline credit cards?

I just saw a commercial for AMEX that gives you 5% Cash Back on all Gas Purchases. So there you go. Cash is Cash and you can use that for anything. Not sure if its the AMEX you need to pay off each month. I would think any score over 640 should be ok.
Message 2 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

snowdad wrote:
Does anyone know where to apply for gasoline credit cards that are also tied to rewards, such as but not limited to, frequent flyer miles and or rebates. Also, what are the usual credit scores required for these?

Do you know your three FICO scores?  Then I can recommend some cards to you.
Message 3 of 7
UnderEstimated
Contributor

The Best Buy credit card has 3% cash back on all gas purchases.  I just got the pre-approved offer on Friday, applied and got it. 
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I think Citi is offering 5% on gas and groceries now with their DPS card.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have the AMEX card with 5% cash back (the "Open Card" ).  It is a revolving card with 8.25% fixed rate if we ever keep balance.  I use it a lot for gas purchases because of the rebate.  So far, it seems like a great product.

Message Edited by DionLawOffice on 06-11-2007 11:44 AM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 3 fico scores are as follows:   TU 641,  EQ  648,  EX  640.  Also had a BK in 03.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.