Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

geico identity theft protection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: geico identity theft protection

with due respect which product are you using to get all three ?

i mean i'm interested if i can do that too.

Message 11 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There are only two choices if you want to pull daily for all 3: The USAA product and Eliminate ID Theft's MPM. You have more options if you are looking for a product where you can pull monthly, vs. daily.

Message 12 of 16
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Geico is reselling a TransUnion Interactive service (via TC) and I'm using it now too for another product, but I can pull all 3 daily. The company itself isn't bad and I wouldn't be concerned about the quality. It's not a bad deal. But it boils down to preferences.

This service that Geico is sellling ( transunion interactice service ) which enables you to pull all

3 daily ..tell me...are they the same as  (Transunion)  SmartCredit pull ?

In other words..would they both show as one soft pull or 2 soft pulls for transunion ?

I'm only concerned about the TU pull not EX or EQ.

Thanks

Message 13 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Ms-Kato wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Geico is reselling a TransUnion Interactive service (via TC) and I'm using it now too for another product, but I can pull all 3 daily. The company itself isn't bad and I wouldn't be concerned about the quality. It's not a bad deal. But it boils down to preferences.

This service that Geico is sellling ( transunion interactice service ) which enables you to pull all

In other words..would they both show as one soft pull or 2 soft pulls for transunion ?

Thanks

Geico's service isn't daily. It's only 1x/mo on TU. I was comparing the TransUnion Interactive brands. The only daily I know of via TransUnion Interactive is EIDT's MPM. IIRC, SmartCredit isn't daily, but you can pull a few times each month. Each layout across these three products are similar, though. IDK on the soft pulls.

Message 14 of 16
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Ms-Kato wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Thanks

Geico's service isn't daily. It's only 1x/mo on TU. I was comparing the TransUnion Interactive brands. The only daily I know of via TransUnion Interactive is EIDT's MPM. IIRC, SmartCredit isn't daily, but you can pull a few times each month. Each layout across these three products are similar, though. IDK on the soft pulls.

Oh Ok..you were comparing but here's some additional info...

EIDT MPM USAA don't count as a soft pull on credit reports for TU...yes you can pull your TU daily report but they don't count towards soft pulls. I use all 3 including EQ Complete which all 4 only showed as 4 daily soft pulls for EQ but no soft pulls for TU credit report..

Also..I have smartcredit and pull everyday which counts as a soft pull for TU on my credit report .Smartcredit gives you 7 pulls to start with

and once you use the 7  all you have to do is call and ask them to replenish your account and another 7 are put into the system for you.They answer phone quickly

and all you do is give your name and they verify your account and they replenish your account all in less than a minute.

I do this every week and currently into my 4th week..

I only asked about Geico and what system do they use  becasue if it was the same as smartcredit  it would just cancel each other out and count as one soft pull if pulled

on the same days.   I'm looking for another TU daily credit report pull which shows up as a soft pull..Reason being as of now smartcredit is the only game in town that counts as a soft daily pull on a TU credit report.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Geico has actually enchanced their identiy thefy protection. Call for a free quote so they can explain it all to you. 1-800-342-9070  referral code 158387.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.