Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting rid derogatory status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

getting rid derogatory status

Hello everyone,
            I'm new to the credit clean up and welcome all positive advise, Since 4/08 I've really been keeping an eye on my CR I'm 1 yr into keeping all pymt current.

Can anyone tell me how I get a current account out of derogatory status or is this possible before balance is paid.

hopeful41 

4/08 TU 491 EX 500 EQ ?
 8/08 TU 535 EX 547 EQ 548 
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: getting rid derogatory status

IF the account is no longer past due and you have made several on-time payments- The account STATUS should be updated to OK/pays as agreed" or "OK/Was 60 days past due"

The past poor payments will be removed in 7 years - You can try calling or sending a GW letter to the creditor.  

hopefull41 wrote:
Hello everyone,
            I'm new to the credit clean up and welcome all positive advise, Since 4/08 I've really been keeping an eye on my CR I'm 1 yr into keeping all pymt current.

Can anyone tell me how I get a current account out of derogatory status or is this possible before balance is paid.

hopeful41 

4/08 TU 491 EX 500 EQ ?
 8/08 TU 535 EX 547 EQ 548 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you will that a trySmiley TongueSmiley Surprised
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Moved:

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

i disputed with all three that the account was "obsolete" and to "please change status to PAID,CLOSED" 

EX and EQ complied and changed the status, but TU remains unchanged.  i hope this helps..
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

is the status of the account part of the scoring??
is there a law that says that have to be changed when the account is PIF?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account status IS part of scoring. I had my biggest score changes in for status changes. 

FICO looks at payment history, Account status and comments and finds the worst part of them-

Legally - if they report, they MUST REPORT accurate!!!!!!!

UNSTOPPABLE wrote:
is the status of the account part of the scoring??
is there a law that says that have to be changed when the account is PIF?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh great..even better..i have an account that im paying down and should be completed by the end of september..i would imagine that during this time period the report should read "paying as agreed"...or does it remain derog until you are PIF and then it will change?..sorry for the retarded questions..lol
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.