Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting rid of collection account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

getting rid of collection account

is there any hope that i can get a CA that reports monthly to stop reporting or to delete? it is the only one i have that still reports monthly and is affecting my score. the account is from 2004. i had to pay them off in 07 to get my mortgage. i know that it doesn't matter if it was paid or not but just want them to quit reporting. thanks!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: getting rid of collection account

Send a GW letter asking them to delete.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have a gw letter template or guide that someone who has never written one can use to get an idea of what they should write?

Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

megamullet wrote:

Anyone have a gw letter template or guide that someone who has never written one can use to get an idea of what they should write?

Check out "Frequently Requested Threads," stickied at the top of several of the boards, and also linked in my siggy. There are several threads in there about PFD's, GW letters, etc.

Raine had to do some clean-up and folder all this stuff together, as the stickied threads at the top of some boards were about to take over the entire first screen!

hth
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.