Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

giving a real estate broker my credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

giving a real estate broker my credit report

Hi,

i'm meeting with  a broker (the broker for the seller, I don't have an agent) today to make an offer on an apartment, and they want to see a credit report.

Is it ok to print out my report from MyFico and give them that? Will that have the same info if they run their own? My only concern is that if a lot of people start checking my credit in the process of my buying an apartment, I don't want it to negatively impact my score.

thanks,

JH
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: giving a real estate broker my credit report

Are they going to allow YOU to prived the report.  Most rental companies run their own checks.  If they are going to let you give it to them by all means do it.  Its only if someone other than you pulls it that it counts against you.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: giving a real estate broker my credit report

thanks.

a more general question; my fico scores aren't awful, but they could be better; my three scores are in the mid-high 600's. I'm house-hunting, and expect several inquiries to be made; one was made by me, by the mortgage bank (I was approved), this broker wants to see one, and the co-op board will definitely want to see one.

If my offer is not accepted on this place, the co-op board on the next place I make an offer on will want to see one, etc.

How badly will all of this affect my score? I read that it  counts for 10% of my score. Also, my score isn't that low, so I don't know how much to worry about it.

thanks.
Jh
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.