Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going crazy here and need advice, too.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

going crazy here and need advice, too.

Okay, exactly how long does it take to get a credit report dispute back.  I, unfortunately, has several inaccuracies.  The main one I'm concerned about is my car note stating that I was 90 days late 15 times.  (this car was included in my payment through a chptr 13 trustee).  I'm particularly ticked off as it shows on my TU account that the dealer service has been checking (soft pull - one that doesn't count against me) every 3 months.  This is only on ONE of my credit reports.  The other say that it is discharged in bankruptcy.  I honestly feel like the car dealer thought they could get away with it in hopes that I didn't check my credit report (and admittedly I haven't in a few years).  To me, this is just plain fraud.  It's no wonder that my score of TU is my lowest.

That was my little vent.  Here are my questions...
If you disputed.... how long before you got the final results?
Also, do you think that since I applied and was turned down for credit, they would reconsider me after the results are complete?  On the cards that I did get (2 with small balances) do you think having disputed and score increases would be a legitimate reason to request for a CLI?  FTR, I received an orchard (300cl) and credit one (250cl).
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Re: going crazy here and need advice, too.

It should only take 30 days to do an investigation--at most 45.

Yes you can do a reconn letter. I believe there is an example somewhere on the forums...try this link:

Message Edited by MeganML84 on 10-12-2007 10:49 AM
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.