Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good/acurate credit monitoring...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

good/acurate credit monitoring...?

I am still new to the whole...credit world...

soooo, I ordered Experian's Triple Advantage and TU's MyFico Quarterly monitoring..or something like that...

are those any good or should I cancel?

Because, I see people on here speak of getting a "hit" on their credit and getting notified somehow...and I want that too! I wanna know when my credit score goes up and what not...

thanks
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: good/acurate credit monitoring...?

dett_phree wrote:
I am still new to the whole...credit world...

soooo, I ordered Experian's Triple Advantage and TU's MyFico Quarterly monitoring..or something like that...

are those any good or should I cancel?

Because, I see people on here speak of getting a "hit" on their credit and getting notified somehow...and I want that too! I wanna know when my credit score goes up and what not...

thanks

Hi dett, I use myfico quarterly, myfico scorewatch and truecredit. I use truecredit to pull reports a few times a week and my scorewatch informs me of my score jumps once a week. Quarterly gives me a full report AND score quarterly.
Message 2 of 17
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

I haven't yet subscribed to any of the monitoring services here (because I'm super duper cheap).  I did however sign up for TrueCredit.com  The scores are FAKO's so they're not your actual fico score, however, you can pull your reports/FAKO scores every 24 hours (and one minute) if you're so inclined.  This way you can see every change, balance increases/decreases, what's being disputed, new accounts added, etc.  It's also in a nice side by side by side layout so you can see all 3 CRA's at once.  I like it, it gives me an idea of whether my scores on the rise or if they're falling futher, and I can use the score changes there as a guide to when I should repull my reports/scores here for the real thing.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool! So, TrueCredit is the one that let's you know as soon as there's a change??

by email or text??
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry modern, tc has it's uses and i use it through ncip for many of the reasons you listed as well. that being said, fakos from tc and the like aren't even reliable enough to indicate which direction your fico's are actually going.
Message 5 of 17
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

They send you an email Smiley Happy

I do want to stress though that the scores are fakos, but like I said when you see a drastic enough change there you can always pull your ficos here lol

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

tu through amex cs 733, tc/ncip 669, actual fico 679. now eq through amex cs is 730, fico 657. ex last fico was 585, amex cs like 696. i say save your cash and pull fico's when you intend to app a particular puller, unless your like me and sometimes have no self control.
Message 7 of 17
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

I definitely agree that they aren't near accurate, but I still like being able to pull everything everyday... mostly because I'm a nut job and get a weeeee bit obsessive over things when I first start a project lol and so I enjoy seeing each and every change as it happens

And the side by side layout makes me oh so happy Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

modernsurrender wrote:
I definitely agree that they aren't near accurate, but I still like being able to pull everything everyday... mostly because I'm a nut job and get a weeeee bit obsessive over things when I first start a project lol and so I enjoy seeing each and every change as it happens

And the side by side layout makes me oh so happy Smiley Happy

i have two daily pullers. i suffer from the same condition!

only other thing i would caution is that tc likes to cancel customers who pull daily, like you pay for.
Message 9 of 17
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

dnm45227 wrote:

i have two daily pullers. i suffer from the same condition!

only other thing i would caution is that tc likes to cancel customers who pull daily, like you pay for.

...uhoh...

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.