oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

goodwill letter....any advice or suggestions

10/7/2007

company

address

Acct # xxxxxxxxxx7017

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to request a “goodwill adjustment” on my credit trade lines. I had lost my job due to the company I worked for closing. My unemployment didn’t come close to covering my bills I had applied and applied to numerous jobs with no luck. Being a single mother with three boys I had to choose between food and shelter or my bike. I tried ruthlessly to sell the bike but to no avail. In the end my bike was repossessed. I filed the amount on my taxes and paid my taxes. My family suffered many losses at that time. It was truly a life altering experience and one I am ashamed of. I must say though I learned valuable lessons through it all. The first being, how life can change in the blink of an eye so unexpectantly. I have since gained employment and have taken many positive steps over the past couple of years in regaining a good credit record. My financial life is back in order and is going well. My oldest son is a senior this year and has plans of going to college. I am in desperate need of getting my credit rating up so I can help him with funding. I want my children to have the best possible start in life and education in my eyes is greatly important.

I beg you to consider a good will deletion to your reporting credit agencies (Trans Union, Equifax, and Experian.)It would help give my children a better start in life. I know this is an odd request from someone that wasn’t your best customer. I am very sorry for any hardships I caused your company. I just hope at (company) there is redemption and second chances. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to read this letter and consider my request. If there is any information I can provide you to help in making this a positive outcome. Please contact me.

Very Hopefully Yours,

Name

address

Phone number

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisW
Valued Member

Re: goodwill letter....any advice or suggestions

Looks good to me, I would go ahead and send it.  Good Luck!
8/2012 TU 693 EQ 698
9/14/2012 TU 718 (Discover's score included in welcome letter)
9/14/2012 EX 717 (Amex Score)

Discover More $4000, Chase Freedom $6000, Amex BCP $6000, Barclays/Juniper $3600, Care Credit/GEMB $5000, Orchard Bank $1850
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks good and send it soon!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have personally seen this type of letter work for me on numerous occasions. I think honesty and simply explaining difficult situations makes a difference to many people, especially if you have made an attempt to clear up the debt.

Good luck and I hope it works!
Message 4 of 6
crivas21
Contributor

I have used this GW letter 5 times and i got 5 positive results.so go for it  and good luck.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: 07/30/2007--EQ 575/ TU 560
Current Score: 01/18/2011--EQ 777/TU 765/EXP 763-(pull by CU)
Goal Score for 06/31/2011--EQ 800/TU 800/EXP 800

Message 5 of 6
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Ok! It is sent, Thank you all for your support and help!!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.