Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help me

I have several accounts that are soon to come off within next two years is there any way to get rid of them sooner or at least someway reflect a little more positively I have been working on reastablishing credit for last two years and seem to be taking forever to increase score.

Please help

response appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help me

creditscrewed wrote:
I have several accounts that are soon to come off within next two years is there any way to get rid of them sooner or at least someway reflect a little more positively I have been working on reastablishing credit for last two years and seem to be taking forever to increase score.

Please help

response appreciated.

We need to know what the baddies are and what the DOFD  DOLA  and your SOL is.

Things under public records are hard to do anything about BUT at times can be deleted.

how to post items

1 Cap1    CL/owed ( 1000/400)    CO   DOFD   2/1/2002   dola  4/1/2002

to get DOFD  look at TU and EX CR   EQ uses DOLA         CR might also say * will remain on CR until  month/ year

Scores involve many things on your CR.......35% is about length of history  30% is CC  UTIL any payment    the rest is made up of your mix of credit ( auto loan  mortgage  personal loans etc)

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-09-2008 12:42 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help me

@Anonymous wrote:
Please help
response appreciated.

I would recommend looking in the other end of that particular telescope. You, like most people with credit dings, are focused on CR entries that, while ugly, probably aren't actually doing that much damage to your score.

What you should focus on are getting and maintaining positive entries in your credit report. Do you have at least three lines of revolving credit, with low (less than 10% of the limit) balances? If not, I would recommend acquiring some. Check out my informational Web site on FICO scoring.

Without positive lines of credit (I call them "Blues") your FICO score isn't going to go up that much, even after the derogatory items fall off.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.