cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help requested... IS EQUIFAX SCORE = FICO SCORE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help requested... IS EQUIFAX SCORE = FICO SCORE?

I know that most everything else out there is FAKO, but I thought that the Equifax score (from their website) was the same as FICO?

The reason I ask, for some reason FICO and Equifax are blaming each other for the fact I can't pull my Equifax through FICO.com.  So, I ran my Equifax from their site, thinking that this score was the same as the FICO.

Am I crazy? 

Help appreciated as I'm going to go mortgage shopping in a few days and Equifax is probably my "middle" score for lending purposes.  Thank you.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: help requested... IS EQUIFAX SCORE = FICO SCORE?

You're not crazy! The EQ score from their web site is (at least it's suppose to be) a FICO score and should be the same score as the one you pull at this site.
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: help requested... IS EQUIFAX SCORE = FICO SCORE?

It is possible that there might be a difference, because there is a slight delay in info from the EQ reports in flowing over to FICO. So it's conceivable that the scores might not match, because FICO would be working on older data. But most of the time, they should be the same.

The EQ scores on other 3-in-1 services won't match, because they're created by the service using their own mysterious means. That can get very confusing.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.