cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with AT&T charge off experian won't remove even though unvalid charges

Valued Member

help with AT&T charge off experian won't remove even though unvalid charges

Ok... so here is the story...

I had telephone service with AT&T back in 2006. My husband and I were struggling really bad financially we were behind but still managing to pay a portion of our three months past due.

We had long distance with our service but hardly ever used it and every little monthly charge was already being billed to our monthly bill.

Even though we were behind they were still getting money from us. Well long story short one day they told us that they were closing our account but if we paid $87 dollars of the amount owed they would continue service. We paid them the $87 dollars only to learn that a few days later they closed our account and opened a basic service line that was more expensive than our current service which included all calling features.

I've called ATT at that point and they were not helpful so by february 2007 we started working with a financial coach and switched our service to comcast. Everything went fine and we paid ATT everything but the $56 dollars in long distance.

Well... I'm frustrated because I paid them all the money even the $56 dollars so they would remove from my husband's credit and it is still showing on experian. I've disputed it and they came back saying that it was a valid debt.

I am so frustrated because it was money we didn't owe them in the first place and it is not only showing as "unpaid" but also still showing.

Obviously ATT won't remove it since they said they would after we paid them everything. I've tried asking them to validate the debt and they never replied. I don't know what else to do. I'm angry because companies always get away with everything and we are the ones that get screwed.

Any suggestions?
As of 07-31-08
EQ 643

Trans 623
Goal 700
As of 07-07-08
EX 650
Goal 700

As of 07-31-08 Exp. 650

AS of 07-31-08 Trans 623
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY