Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with equifax score

tag
granny031350
Established Contributor

help with equifax score

I have been working on my credit repair.  However, I am also finishing up my chapter 13 BK.  I posted this question here because I thought the guru's who understand this stuff better than I might shed some light.  My scores are coming up, slowwwwww.  My TU is now 587 (was 556) and my Experian is 605 (was 585) and my bugaboo, Equifax has jumped a whopping 14 points,  544 to 558.  My question is  I have a collection account that was included in my BK and is being paid through my BK that shows as "unpaid collection" on my credit report.  Of course I challenged as IIB but that has not been changed on Equifax.  Now the crux of the matter, Could it be that because each month a new balance is reporting (orig owed 185.00 now down to 85.00) that Equifax is looking at it as a "new" collection account each month?

I called the CA that is posting it and they will do a PDF after discharge (which is soon)  which I know will help.  But it is frustrating to see my Equifax score still sooooo low.  I am tempted to PDF now and let the trustee deal with the excess.  LOL
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help with equifax score

If the "reported" or "updated" date is getting changed then yes, FICO sees this as a recent collection.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.