Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with my score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help with my score

my scoring were in the low 400's i have been trying for about 3yrs to improve my score. now i'm at 499 which is still very low. my husband was hurt on his job in 2003 and has not work since. i kept the major bills goings and my other bills was slow paying. i now have it to where i'm getting back into the grove and it;s frustrating to me trying to get my credit back up. i don't have any cards past due for some time it's just having to clean up the collections what can i do

Message Edited by golden on 04-17-2007 07:52 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help with my score

golden wrote:
my scoring were in the low 400's i have been trying for about 3yrs to improve my score. now i'm at 499 which is still very low. my husband was hurt on his job in 2003 and has not work since. i kept the major bills goings and my other bills was slow paying. i now have it to where i'm getting back into the grove and it;s frustrating to me trying to get my credit back up. i don't have any cards past due for some time it's just having to clean up the collections what can i do

Message Edited by golden on 04-17-2007 07:52 AM

Are there any open collections on your report?  Most late pays stop reflecting after two years or so.  If there are collections offer pay for deletion but make sure you have the moeny to back up the offer and get any agreements in writing

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have since had some of my collections taken off with some other accounts and my score has improved 21 pts since march 07
Message 3 of 4
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Try sending GW letters to the lenders and explain the situation and see if they will delete the late payments. Will only cost you a stamp and a little bit of your time.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.