miz
Contributor

Re: help . . .

title companies
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMHO....I would write the agreement to purchase to close within 60days.....contingent on you qualifing for the new loan. and if you can ask the seller to help with the costs to close....you have to ask...then put it in the agreement...so its all in your final escrow instructions.

Message 12 of 18
miz
Contributor

so I would contact the local title co to help me??  What about splitting the cost of repairs, etc.? That too, or is that asking too much? 
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes you have to have that...thats your down payment....but I don't think you will have any luck with the title co. helping you draft your agreements...etc. Do you know anyone who knows a little about buying and selling real estate?  This not hard....unless like anything eles...you have never done it before...Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 18
miz
Contributor

Where in the world do I start shopping for a loan????  There are so many on the internet . . . so many out there, how do you ever decide?
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

its seems to me that shopping for the loan...at this point may be putting the cart before the horse...IMO you need to buy yourself time and then you can work on the loan issue. or at the very least have more time to find a suitable place for you and your family.
Message 16 of 18
miz
Contributor

Thanks for the info.  It will be cramped quarters for a while, but I honestly believe with what I have leanred on this website, it will be very short-term.  I appreciate it. 
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Miz,
If the seller has a lot of equity, and really wants to sell, you might find him to be very flexible.  He might be willing to hold a big 2nd mortgage, which to a 1st mortgage holder is the same a a big down payment.  With a big enough "down" you'd be able to get financing.  You can do the note on the 2nd such that you will have time to repair your credit before having to pay it off.  There's a ton of different ways you can go if he's flexible.  There's probably some good brokers here on the board to give some advice.  I think I'll start a topic...
Rocket
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.