Contributor
miz

Re: help . . .

title companies
Established Contributor
so_confused

IMHO....I would write the agreement to purchase to close within 60days.....contingent on you qualifing for the new loan. and if you can ask the seller to help with the costs to close....you have to ask...then put it in the agreement...so its all in your final escrow instructions.

9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Contributor
miz

so I would contact the local title co to help me??  What about splitting the cost of repairs, etc.? That too, or is that asking too much? 
Established Contributor
so_confused

yes you have to have that...thats your down payment....but I don't think you will have any luck with the title co. helping you draft your agreements...etc. Do you know anyone who knows a little about buying and selling real estate?  This not hard....unless like anything eles...you have never done it before...:smileyvery-happy:
Contributor
miz

Where in the world do I start shopping for a loan????  There are so many on the internet . . . so many out there, how do you ever decide?
Established Contributor
so_confused

its seems to me that shopping for the loan...at this point may be putting the cart before the horse...IMO you need to buy yourself time and then you can work on the loan issue. or at the very least have more time to find a suitable place for you and your family.
Contributor
miz

Thanks for the info.  It will be cramped quarters for a while, but I honestly believe with what I have leanred on this website, it will be very short-term.  I appreciate it. 
Regular Contributor
Rocket01

Miz,
If the seller has a lot of equity, and really wants to sell, you might find him to be very flexible.  He might be willing to hold a big 2nd mortgage, which to a 1st mortgage holder is the same a a big down payment.  With a big enough "down" you'd be able to get financing.  You can do the note on the 2nd such that you will have time to repair your credit before having to pay it off.  There's a ton of different ways you can go if he's flexible.  There's probably some good brokers here on the board to give some advice.  I think I'll start a topic...
Rocket

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+