Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help

First of all let me just say that i keep my credit score and my payments on time.I just bought one of Suze Ormans fico report.I was surprised to find out that i have one late payment last March(from WAMU).So  I called up the bank and try to find out what was the problem,I moved out of my apartment and bought a house about a year ago and what they did was sent the bill to the apt.that i used to live.I spoke with the bank manager and told her that i have been dealing with their bankfor the last 6 years and i never had any late payments and i always pay the whole balance everytime i'll get a bill,this is clearly mistake.what do i do since my fico is now suffering.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help

I would think this might be a good place to try a GW (goodwill) letter.

Message 2 of 10
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Time for a GW.  Good will letter. There are many examples of the same in this forum.  Good luck!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW letter-

AND use their online system !!!! Get your free PFICO too!!!

Am i supposed to open those things they send in the mail to me???????
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

alfonsac wrote:
First of all let me just say that i keep my credit score and my payments on time.I just bought one of Suze Ormans fico report.I was surprised to find out that i have one late payment last March(from WAMU).So  I called up the bank and try to find out what was the problem,I moved out of my apartment and bought a house about a year ago and what they did was sent the bill to the apt.that i used to live.I spoke with the bank manager and told her that i have been dealing with their bankfor the last 6 years and i never had any late payments and i always pay the whole balance everytime i'll get a bill,this is clearly mistake.what do i do since my fico is now suffering.

What did the bank manager say?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

She said that i should have called them and update my profile.I told her that i did  and as a matter of fact i've been getting a bill from another credit card that i have from them.She said that the only thing she could do is give me the address where i could dispute it.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

alfonsac wrote:
She said that i should have called them and update my profile.I told her that i did  and as a matter of fact i've been getting a bill from another credit card that i have from them.She said that the only thing she could do is give me the address where i could dispute it.

Did she give you a number?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes,she did.The thing is i always pay my bills on time,and this one i never really got a bill. I even spoke to one of the customer service rep. and she told me that one of the bill they sent went back to them.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

alfonsac wrote:
yes,she did.The thing is i always pay my bills on time,and this one i never really got a bill. I even spoke to one of the customer service rep. and she told me that one of the bill they sent went back to them.

Your call, no pun intended, whether to call or write. I say write just because the automaton you get on the phone will likely say no, but with a letter the automatons have to give to one of the humans with a brain. I would write what might be termed a weighted GW letter. Take a look at my GMAC letter.

The gist of the message you wanna convey is I like you, you like me, I'm right, and I want you to fix this. Be nice, but be firm.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do and thanks for the advice.I will let you guys know if  there is any progress.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.