Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

here we go...GW letter time

tag
tpayne105
New Contributor

here we go...GW letter time

Hey all, again I LOVE this board.  It is great.  Well I wrote 12 GW letters to many different creditors asking help from them.....some are recent accounts, some are older accounts that have past dues from 2003 or so.....I also wrote a PFD letter to a creditor seeing if they will delete an account. 

1.  How long until one usually hears from them regarding decision?  I know I have read 30 days but does it take that long?  And do you usually get a letter from them regarding the decision? 

2.  Is what I have done too much? 

It is done so I guess we will see soon enough...

Thank you again!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
tpayne105
New Contributor

Re: here we go...GW letter time

I do appreciate your help!!!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

tpayne105 wrote:

I wrote 12 GW letters ... I also wrote a PFD letter

1.  How long until one usually hears from them regarding decision?

2.  Is what I have done too much? 

1) It depends. With GW, you may not hear from them at all. With my successes, I think they all responded in writing within 2-4 weeks. AMEX, which did not grant me anything, responded in writing within about 10 days to each of my two GW attempts. Target didn't respond until 2 letters and 2 Emails. They said no, but I found another avenue to pursue with them.

2) Just clarifying. It was 12 GW letters to 12 different lenders, right?

Message 3 of 12
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Keep us posted! 
Message 4 of 12
tpayne105
New Contributor

Yes that is 12 different creditors and 12 different GW's...

Thanks
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

tpayne105 wrote:
Yes that is 12 different creditors and 12 different GW's...

Good. To answer your question, no, you did not do too much. What you did was just fine.

The question popped into my head as to whether you'd sent off 12 GW letters to 3 or 4 different OCs, so I had to ask just to be certain.
Message 6 of 12
tpayne105
New Contributor

Re: here we go...GW letter time---UPDATE

Hello all....I got an update....

I have received, so far, two return letters from creditors.  Chase has removed my old card, with lates from the system and will request the account will be removed from all CRA's. 

Also, I received a response from AMEX of an old account showing an $8 balance.  They are crediting my account for the balance so it now will show zero. 

The only that concerns me is taking away the old Chase account.   Doesn't it hurt to have old account taken away?  Having the lates taken off is a good thing but what about the other?

Thanks again and I will keep you up to date on this progress.  Things are coming in slower than I thought but they are coming in.  I sent the letters just over 2 weeks ago.   I know...PATIENCE!!!

Message 7 of 12
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

is it a closed account? the chase
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 8 of 12
tpayne105
New Contributor

The Chase was closed and was listed as late 3 times.....
Message 9 of 12
Bruiser
Regular Contributor

tpayne105 wrote:
The Chase was closed and was listed as late 3 times.....

a closed account can still count towards your history of credit, but not as much as an open account
i don't know the exact numbers or %,..but an open has more scoring power
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.