cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

higher credit limit having major impact!!!

tag
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: higher credit limit having major impact!!!

when i obtained my first CC i had a 500 CL and they bumped it up to 1700 just for me calling and asking, and they took my score up 32 points.  Its a military card though :/ its a great card for military members to improve and rebuild their credit they report every month no matter what.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

jenkins wrote:
when i obtained my first CC i had a 500 CL and they bumped it up to 1700 just for me calling and asking, and they took my score up 32 points.  Its a military card though :/ its a great card for military members to improve and rebuild their credit they report every month no matter what.

Hi Jenkins what card is that(Military).What score will I need to get one of them,
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to convert so bad, it's not even funny. The only reason why I'm waiting is because I have a promotional fixed rate of 4.99% on all my purchases for 9 months and if I convert, I will lose that deal.... 8 more months to go. Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might be able to carry that promotional rate over with you if you ask. My interest rate dropped a lot when I converted.

Just keep in mind if you're carrying a rather large balance on that card and your other cards don't have too high limits then you're running the risk of having too high utilization.

One thing I really like about the card is there aren't stipulations for getting cash back. I have AMEX blue cash also and with that card you need to first spend $6500.00 in a year and then you can get cash back. With CITI, you get cash back as soon as you start using it. I've already earned like $20.00. To get the cash back you just click a button on-line that says "write a check" and they mail you a check. Easy.

Oh and to answer the question about having a score of 620--
My TU score was 620 with:
3 accounts always in good standing,
7 accounts that were past due.
No current derogs or delinquent
No mortgage
No public records (BK or Tax Lein, etc)

Message Edited by rifleman on 08-10-2007 07:00 AM
Message 14 of 20
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Kooliad wrote:

jenkins wrote:

Hi Jenkins what card is that(Military).What score will I need to get one of them,

you have to be military or a military dependent to get it.  if you are, i recieved mine, they pulled EQ and my score was in the low 500 when i got the 500 CL and in the mids when they increased it by 1500

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You might be able to carry that promotional rate over with you if you ask. My interest rate dropped a lot when I converted.

Just keep in mind if you're carrying a rather large balance on that card and your other cards don't have too high limits then you're running the risk of having too high utilization.

One thing I really like about the card is there aren't stipulations for getting cash back. I have AMEX blue cash also and with that card you need to first spend $6500.00 in a year and then you can get cash back. With CITI, you get cash back as soon as you start using it. I've already earned like $20.00. To get the cash back you just click a button on-line that says "write a check" and they mail you a check. Easy.

Oh and to answer the question about having a score of 620--
My TU score was 620 with:
3 accounts always in good standing,
7 accounts that were past due.
No current derogs or delinquent
No mortgage
No public records (BK or Tax Lein, etc)

Message Edited by rifleman on 08-10-2007 07:00 AM

My Citi PremierPass is such a great card to have. There are all kinds of rewards and protection with my account. I just hate having that no preset spending limit. My balance isn't so bad. Just about 30%. :-/

I thought I was sure about what I want to convert to, but now I'm debating to either switch to Dividend Plat or the CashRewards card. Any suggestions, anyone??
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest:

CITI Dividend Platinum Select Mastercard.
They report the credit limit to all three agencies (not high balance)
The Cash rewards are better then the standard cash back card
Message 17 of 20
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

Jenkins are you talking about the STAR Card. If so I have one with 5000 CL.
Message 18 of 20
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

thats is correct, i wish you could use this thing off base. there was someone on this board that was telling me about another one besides the star card that was for military but he never replied to my questions about it in fact i havent seen him post in a long time.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!!   Smiley Very Happy
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.