cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how accurate is creditcards.com cardmatch?

tag
chbartel
Regular Contributor

Before my last baddie was resolved, it was showing just the generic capital one cards(which I already have).

Now that my last baddie is removed, it's showing the Chase Slate. Chase Sapphire Preferred,  as well as Chase Freedom

Credit Karma now shows a match with Chase Slate and Chase Freedom(before baddie fixed no Chase cards at all listed)

I got to Chase pre-qual site, says nothing can be found...

I do have more than 5 cards in last 24 months, but I have heard of others still getting one of those cards.

I did get a Ritz last month with a $16k limit, instanat approval.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how accurate is creditcards.com cardmatch?

CardMatch isn't accurate enough to override the 5/24.

The rule only applies to CSP/Slate/Freedom, which is how you were approved for the Ritz. 

Message 2 of 11
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

I'm using Cardmatch to judge my overall rebuilding.  Checking monthly. Currently sitting on just the Cap1 recommendations but by next month all baddies will hopefully be gonzo.  

I'd still recommend checking the creditor's preapproval site before apping.  

Message 3 of 11
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

CardMatch isn't accurate enough to override the 5/24.

The rule only applies to CSP/Slate/Freedom, which is how you were approved for the Ritz. 

+1. Well said on the 5/24 rule

Message 4 of 11
Hokies2379
Established Contributor

It has told me I qualify for several Amex cards.  Amex disagrees.  Maybe I can use that in my recon.  *sarcasm*

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both card match.com and creditkarma's recommendations are 100% marketing as they get paid every time someone applies thru the links on their websites.  Do not rely on them at all.

Message 6 of 11
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@chbartel wrote:

Posted this on another site where you asked the same question but think of it this way:

Creditcards.com does not do the underwriting for any of the cards they recommend.  They make suggestions to get referral fees.  At best, such sites can rely on correlation but not causation.  Keep the difference between the two in mind.

As Irish80 says, consider them marketing like preapps (even though preapps are based on SP) and offers.

@chbartel wrote:

I did get a Ritz last month with a $16k limit, instanat approval. 

While that's great, your credit isn't static.  What you would have qualified for when you were apping for the Ritz and what you qualify for now are not the same thing.  Getting the Ritz had an impact on your credit profile.  What specific impact and what you might or might not qualify for now isn't something that we can't tell you.  We're not underwriters nor do we have the underwriting detials either.

Message 7 of 11
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Both card match.com and creditkarma's recommendations are 100% marketing as they get paid every time someone applies thru the links on their websites.  Do not rely on them at all.

Spot on Irish.Happy New Year.

Message 8 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Card match is pretty useless. They say I'm qualified for every card I have already lol.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bringing this thread from the dead lol  - but I just heard of this and tried... and all of my match were AMEX... are you serious?!?! I applied for 2 AMEX already and were flatout denied... not sure of this thing at all! It shows Delta Amex, Gold Amex, Blue Cash Pref and Ev Amex, Amex Everday. I dont think they really do anything...bah!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.