Did you mean: 

how accurate is freecreditreport.com

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Re: how accurate is freecreditreport.com

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been on myfico.com for awhile and TOTALLY did not realize the FICO vs. FAKO dinstinction. I am soooo glad I just stumbled accross this post.

Soooo, I've been paying Experian at freecreditreport.com for over a year now for monthly reports and scores... honestly, I don't pay too much attention to the score (mind is sadly low now) but have used it as a resource for knowing what items lenders will see on my credit reports. Here are 2 questions:

1) Are the items listed on the credit report provided by freecreditreport.com still the accurate items a lender would see if they pulled my account?

2) If the FAKO score is not the real score a lender would see, how can I get my real FICO score that lenders will see? Here at myfico.com???

Thanks!

1. Yes the reports are accurate as far as I know.

2. No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

You can also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com. At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an EQ FICO score but you need to look very, very hard.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I have heard reports that Citibank offers some customers as a free service on the Citi website the first two digits of their EX FICO score.  I'm a long time Citi customer, but I have never seen that on their website and when I have asked their customer service reps they denied any knowledge of this.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 11 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would only add to this thread that, in my opinion, ignoring the obvious difference between credit scores, is that all credit reports are not, from the consumer's perspective, really  "accurate." in what they imply to you.

I use the term "accurate" loosely.  The bare bones of what they include in their credit reports may technically be "accurate," but what is oftern omitted, and how they are formatted, often conveys what borders on inaccurate information. They are often misleading in their omissions.

They often  post information reported by OCs, such as account delinquencies, under the heading of a CA account, when the debt collector, in fact, did not or could not report montly delinquencies.  That conveys a misconception to the consumer, and results in a lot of turmoil over disputing accuracy or update of information, supposedly  incorrectly implied to have been reported by a debt collector. 

Most commerical, consumer credit reprots dont, for example, supply the DOFD on the OC account, even though it is stored in the consumer's credit file, but rather, if they tell you anything, only tell you a "projected deletion date."  Why?  Maybe because the creditors dont want to make it that easy to determine CR deletion dates for COs and CAs on their own?  That date is there, and easily included in any consumer credit report.  CR deletion dates are NOT repoted to or stored in any consumer credit file.  They are simply calcualtions made by the CRA, apart from your credit file.

Every separate delinquency and derog in a consumer credit file has its own individual deletion date from CR inclusion, so giving even one projecte delettion date implies to many consumers that this applies to all delinquencies or derogs, or in the worst case, implies that it refers to account deletetion.  That is clearly inaccurate.

Accounts are never deleted by any provision of the FCRA.

I do NOT think that all commerical, consumer credit reports are the same

The only credit report available to consumers that I am aware of that at least makes the clear attempt to categorize your credit file by who reported the information posted to your file is the government-sanctioned site at annualcreditreport.com.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a member of FCR.com and Jan 30th pulled a three credit report......

Heres what I got

EX Plus Score: 716

TU Plus Score: 702

EQ Plus Score: 702

Pulled my TU and EQ MyFICO reports and scores from MyFICO.com the same day and got....

TU FICO 694

EQ FICO 681

So my TU Plus score was off by 7 points at my FCR.com ,and my EQ Plus score was off by 21 points compared to my FICO score, my FCR.com EX Plus score is 716 so I'm hoping its only off by 7-25 points since I have the same accts. listed on all three of my reports with the exception of an installment loan (car loan) on my EQ report. I have 6 hard inquiries on TU and EX that are affecting my score and 15 hard inquiries on my EQ (10 of which are from the same date when I was trying to get a lender to approve my car loan, dated 3-16-2010, so I assume all 10 of those only count as one, they will no longer affect my score as of the 16th of next month anyway) no late pays one Charge off from 2006 on all three reports.

Message 13 of 14
rip1234

I would only use fico score, this way u know you have correct information the first and only time.   

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.