Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how big a jump

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how big a jump

I just had an account removed from my report opened in January of 08.  It was Arrow financial and listed under accounts.  It showed a 120 late in August and October 08.  My most recent late now is 11/05 and that is a 120.  My average age of accounts went from 3.45 years to 3.87 years with this gone.  Any ideas???
Message Edited by peeler1967 on 11-09-2008 05:52 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how big a jump

Was it listed as a collection?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO takes your most recent late and your most severe late, thus if you have a late that is more current than the 11/05 baddie it might not get you many points. If that is the most recent baddie on your report I could see you gaining maybe 30 points since that baddie is over 2 years old.

Message 3 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

FYI, whether it was listed under accounts or not, if there is collection anywhere in it, it will be treated as a collection by FICO.

Also, Debtisgood is correct about how the scoring will be handled.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was factoring in my average age of accounts.  it was my most recent and most harsh (120) late. my next late is a 90 day in 11/05.  It technically is a collection as TU an EX have it listed in the collection section.  The amount past due was factoring in my revolving credit also.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.