cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I dispute inaccurate SSN & Address?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I dispute inaccurate SSN & Address?

I need to dispute inaccurate SSNs and Addresses on my Credit Reports.  What sort of documentation do I need to send?  I'm guessing a copy of my SS Card, anything else?  As for address - just stating I don't live there?  How do you prove a negative/not mine for these items?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Berit
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how do I dispute inaccurate SSN & Address?

I have come up with a sample letter to mail.  I have heard I should use CMRRR.  Can I do this to a PO box?  That is the only address I can find.

Please comment and let me know if I should add/change/re-word any information.  Of course, I will add appropriate info where blocked out for purposes of posting.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.
Berit

--
(Date)

(Name)
(Address)
(City, State, Zip)

Complaint Department
Experian
PO Box 9555
Allen, TX  75013

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to dispute the following information in my file. The items I dispute are also hilighted on the attached copy of the report I received.

The following addresses are inaccurate.  I have never lived in any of these places:

(Address)

(City, State, Zip)

(Address)

(City, State, Zip)

(Address)

(City, State, Zip)

Also, the following social security number variations listed on my report are not mine.

XXX-XX-XXXX

XXX-XX-XXXX

XXX-XX-XXXX

Enclosed are copies of my drivers license, social security card and recent utility bill supporting my position. Please reinvestigate these matters and delete the disputed items as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Berit Nelson Lemons

(formerly Berit Lee Nelson)

SSN  XXX-XX-XXXX

DOB  XX-XX-XXXX

Enclosures:       Copy of drivers license

Copy of social security card

Copy of recent utility bill

Copy of credit report (with disputed items highlighted)

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks good to me Berit, although I'm not very knowledgeable in that area of credit.

Why don't you call the post office to see if a CMRRR, can be addressed to a P.O.Box? I'd think so, but not positive on that.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can CMRRR to PO Box.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you feel that it is save to send a copy of your ss card, drivers license, utility bills, etc.?    I feel that it is an open invitation for thiefs.

Thanks
newjbw
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the only way a credit reporting agency can verify who you really are. I have NO problem with sending them that info. It is critical info they need, in order for them to help you, and to get your way.

Never ever, ever be late. Never
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.