cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you update one CRA when the others have??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do you update one CRA when the others have??

TransUnion is still reporting a past due balance to capital one... This account was settled for less than full amount and is showing closed on the other two reports but, is still showing a revolving balance on the Transunion report. Also a car loan that was behind is updated as currently paid as agreed on all the other reports except Transunion. How do you get Transunion to update if you dont have any paper work from these companies.

and capitol one refuses to change it to a zero balance because the account was settled however I do not owe them the remaining amount of money and they can't collect it because they did accept the settlement. Is it legal for them to report a remaining past due balance after they accepted the settlement??

thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how do you update one CRA when the others have??

It is notated that it was settled for less than the amount owed? If so, write a letter to the bureaus pointing out the settled notation.  It should read 0 but i have heard of the balance still showing though it shouldn't.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is noted on all EX and EQ as settled one shows a balance and one doesn't but they are marked as settlement accepted

However on TransUnion it is still reporting as a revolving credit limit and reporting as maxed out. It is not reporting as settled or closed.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you dispute it? Settled or paid in full?  I would write a letter to Cap1 requesting that they update the info as settled.  I would make sure my disoute with the CBs was 'settled' not 'paid'
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried to dispute this with cap 1 and they keep telling me I still owe them 349 which is the balance after the settlement. They said the only way they would report a zero balance is if I pay the remaining debt even though the accepted the settlement.

I am sending a letter monday to TransUnion and disputing the account as settled for less than full amount and that the account is closed because right now it looks like I have a credit card for 349 maxed out on my report at TransUnion.

I did all the simulaters and the only thing left for me to do is pay my bills ontime for 24 months to raise my scores aside from removing the 349 revolving from TransUnion
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning,

If you wanted to dispute something through TransUnion, you could call them at 1-800-916-8800.  They are opened from 0800-8pm M-F EST.

Robo
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.