cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take to dispute with CRA's?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long does it take to dispute with CRA's?

I disputed online with Ex on 08/11 and still showing as "investigating"... is this good or bad you think?

I faxed disputes to EQ and TU about a week ago. heard nothing. Nothing showed up on report as disputing.

how long should I wait before I dispute again?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how long does it take to dispute with CRA's?

They have to notify you with any changes or a new CR within 30 or 45 days - I can't remember which, but my experience in disputing is they always get back to me in this time frame. 
Message 2 of 6
Takunda1
Established Contributor

30- 45 days
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

what about the ones I faxed? It's not showing as disputed on report. Should I re-fax?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

overwhelmed wrote:
what about the ones I faxed? It's not showing as disputed on report. Should I re-fax?

I faxed to EQ and EX....EQ shows reinvesigation but EX shows nothing....no idea
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

when I dispute something with TU it disappears from EX....

Go figure....

They are required to complete the investigation in 30 days, unless you filed the dispute through annualcreditreport.com, or they need more info. EX got me there the first time I filed a dispute.

If you filed onilne, and requested a mailed copy of the results they also get 5 days for the mail.

So could be in theory 35 days before you get your mailed changes. Mine usually go in about 10-14 days. Unless, they are going to fall off for "unable to verify"

Dave
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.