Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long does it take?

Hello Everyone!

I have made 3 online disputes through Experian through the fico website. Silly me forgot to write down the reference number given and so I went on again as if I was going to dispute but really was not and come to see that 2 out of 3 has disappeared. So I am guessing that the removal and dispute was a success? Please correct me if I am wrong and if I am right how long does it take to update my scores? 

I appreciate everyone's help! Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: how long does it take?

I think.generally scores update daily as the report does. It just depends on who you are getting your scores from and how often they update.

It would appear the removals were a success if they aren't there, but it is not certain. You may want to somehow verify that info.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I'll call Experian tomorrow and see what they say.
Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would wait for their required, formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation.

If the dispute were concluded and you authorized electronic transmission of the Notice, it should soon be provided electronically.

They have 30 days from filing of the dispute to conclude their reinestigation, and up to five business days thereafter to send the Notice of Results.

Message 4 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

how long does it take to update my scores? 

Where are you getting the scores from?  If your reports are updated then any score generated using the reports will reflect the change.

If you're using myFICO then be aware that myFICO only updates if there is a trigger.  Not all activity with a scoring impact is a trigger.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bureau-credit-monitoring-and-fico%C2%AE-identity

myFICO not updating doesn't necessarily mean that your scores haven't changed if a new score was pulled today.  It may just be that there has not been any trigger activity to cause myFICO to update.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am receiving my scores from fico itself.

Thanks everyone for the input Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently did a dispute with Experian. Depending on type of dispute it can take up to 30 days. Mine was completed in 2 weeks. You should receive an email on the status of your disputes with ref#

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.