Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long for dispute responses

tag
granny031350
Established Contributor

how long for dispute responses

I have disputed on all 3 cra's.  One on Dec 12, (TU) Experian Dec 12 and Dec 18, Equifax.  I received a letter from Equifax saying that didn't know who I was (although they updated 2 things from my online dispute) and I sent the stuff to them RRR on Dec 26.  They picked it up today from the postoffice.  Smiley Sad

So how long before I should be hearing from them?  (I know the holidays slow things down but how big a slowdown?)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how long for dispute responses

30-45 days
Message 2 of 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

I am just so anxious to get this going.  LOLOL  I can't wait until my next payday also when I pay off 3 of my credit cards.  Will still have 2 left to pay off but want to see if disputes are successful.  I read the post about the bureaus not  really investigating  anything and not caring if report is correct or not and it scares me that some of my things won't get updated.  Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually they verify electronically.  That simply means that they never speak to anyone simply send a feeler to the creditors comp to check to see if you're really there.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.