Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how much do neg accts affect fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how much do neg accts affect fico

i have 7neg accts that have been paid. they will be removed from my report in2 years. how much do these affect my score?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how much do neg accts affect fico

It depends on who they were with and what they were.   If a paid collection  send GW letters  BUT you need to be careful   if they have a long history & get deleted that could hurt also.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

last month i pulled a report from equifax and it said my credit history was seven years. i disputed some accounts because i had paid them off and they were being reported incorrectly. this month i pulled the report again and found it to say that my history is 0 year. what is up with that?

Message Edited by rae1 on 04-02-2008 12:56 PM

Message Edited by rae1 on 04-02-2008 01:01 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF you disputed all of the accounts on your CR  and they were deleted   you would have no accounts reporting & no history!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections and charge-offs can tank your FICO score...at first. However, after they age a few years, their effect depends on you. If you accumulate positive credit history--accounts in good standing--this tends to dilute negative accounts. I have four such baddies on my CR, yet if not for my high utilization--something I really need to work on--my FICOs would probably be near or even slightly above 700. In a year or so, the collections will still be there, but so will two years of unblemished credit history with about five revolving accounts, and so my scores will be in the mid-700s.

And yes, losing credit history and taking a length of credit history hit can be an unintended but very real consequence of disputing accounts.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.