Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how often do credit scores change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how often do credit scores change

I have been working really hard to improve my credit score. I have paid  down a significant amount of debt and am back on track paying my bills on time.  My score has been climbing up slowly but every few days I was seeing a change of a few points, then it just kind of reached a plateau.  There has been no change at all for the past couple of months.  How often do scores change?  Is there anything I can do to jump start it aside from what I am currently doing?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how often do credit scores change

Is this a dumb question?  Anyone?
Message 2 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Your scores can change daily of you haven't occur to your report to warrant a change. If your utilization is contant every month and everything else is the same, then the only hope for a change is if something falls off or an open account hits an anniversary.

Where are you pulling your scores from?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response.  The scores are TU and EX. It just seemed odd to me that I was seeing change fairly often than nothing at all for the past two months.

Message 4 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Which website did you pull your scores from? Experian.com and Transunion.com?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled them from here-from myfico.com

Message 6 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I asked because you mentioned "EX" for Experian. As of last month, EX no longer allows consumers to pull their FICO score. Did you mean EQ?

OK...how's your CC utilization? Have you recently added any accounts? Do you have any account anniversaries coming up?

Your score would remain the same unless utilization changes by a good margin. Try to bring your balances below 10%, if not already. Other than CC utilization, then only thing to hope for is that an account turns a year older.

What are your scores like now?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Equifax score has come up from 487 in July to 540 in January.  TU and EX were similar when I last checked them in Jan.  I have score watch which has reported no change since Jan.  I have two CC left, one will be paid in full now in April the other in May.  I haven't opened any new accounts.  The biggest change occured from Sept to Nov when I paid down a significant amount of debt.

Message 8 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There's only so much utilization and time can do. Have you tried tackling your baddies?
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tackling my baddies?  How would I do that?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.