Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how soon is too soon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how soon is too soon?

I have managed to get a couple of things off of my credit reports but how soon is too soon to pull my score?  I want to make sure I pull it after this things have been removed in order to get an accurate score.  Thank you
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: how soon is too soon?

Tough question to answer.  Everything I have had taken off has been fairly quick (within 2 weeks).  However, each company has told me it could take 30 to 60 days.

I would think 30 or 45 days would be a safe bet.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

nfg wrote:
I have managed to get a couple of things off of my credit reports but how soon is too soon to pull my score?  I want to make sure I pull it after this things have been removed in order to get an accurate score.  Thank you

Are you sure they are gone?  Do you use TC to see what is what?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I don't TC or belong to SW or anything like that, I've managed to get a couple of things off from disputing online with cras.  When things come off, I see an updated credit report.  I was wondering because I DV'd and GW'd a few people also.  I haven't heard anything but it has only been about 10 days since I sent out the letters.  I was just kinda curious because another poster told me that I might see a 100pt increase from getting one account in particular that I managed to get off but that too has been this month.

Message 4 of 5
2IMPROVE
Regular Contributor

As soon as I got some items removed I pulled my score, and saw an increase.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.