cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get deleted from CR paid or paying HOSPITAL- CA must delete!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to get deleted from CR paid or paying HOSPITAL- CA must delete!

thanks to dwarfess     If you have paid a hospital and a CA is reporting     IF you are ready to pay a hospital, search for the HIPAA letter.  It will tell you how to word it & letters to send to the hospital.

NO need to DV or contact the CA  at all!!!!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Re: how to get deleted from CR paid or paying HOSPITAL- CA must delete!

This might sound like a stupid question, but would that apply to a chiropractor as well?  We paid the chiropracor's billing service but somehow it got reported to a CA and now it is on hubby's CR.  It shows as paid but we didn't pay them, nor did we even know that it got sent to them!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dwarfess indeed!

That link will prove to be invaluable to those with med collections. Smiley Happy

Definitely going in my favs folder.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently posters have complained that CRA's have been requesting "proof of identity" when they receive HIPAA and Pre-HIPAA letters and requiring you to resubmit your request w/proof of identity.  Therefore I have reworded all Whychat's letters to CRA's to begin as follows:

Dear CRA,

My name is xxxxx xxxxx and my SS # is xxx-xx-xxxx.  I have attached copies of my driver's license and social security card as proof of identity.

I have sent this letter Certified Mail # xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx to ensure your receipt.

Note:  Your drivers' license must have your current address.  If you don't have your SS card, then change wording to "recent utility bill".  The utility bill must be recent (within last 2 months) and be addressed to you at your current address.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.