Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get old account to report for TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to get old account to report for TU

sorry if repost. my problem is withTU. my well fargo loana that i had back in 2001 never reported. i want to know if i can get them to report that. i paid the loan off in 2002.

my average account age with them in 1.5 yr. will this help my TU score?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: how to get old account to report for TU

If they report, so as long as you were never late, will help you a lot. The only option is to call the OC and ask them to report on TU. If the loan is closed, it will be next to impossible to get them to report. If your AAoA on EX and EQ without the loan is the same as yours on TU, it may be worth keeping quiet on if this is closed. WF may end up removing on those two as well.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

no the average age of my accounts on experian and equifax allot longer

Message Edited by jtaveras13 on 12-14-2008 09:54 PM
Message 3 of 4
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

It should be noted that Creditors are not obligated to report information to the credit bureau.

Some will report to one, while others report to two and some will report to all three.

I suppose you can call the creditor and request they information to be inserted but they are not obligated to do so.

Since this is an old account and has been paid off I really see no advantage in pursuing this, other than the age factor of accounts. I do not think it would matter one way or another for scoring purposes, especially if the account is closed.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.