Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to purchase my experian FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to purchase my experian FICO score

Yesterday i attempted to purchase my experian fico score from experian @ 800-787-6864 a number myfico gave me.  i called and was told that they didnt sell experian fico scores and that the only way to get it would be from a lender.  she said to apply for a loan and the bank/lender would do the calculations and give me my score.  i do not intend to apply for credit i neither want or need, as i don't want a hard inquiry on my account which  will lower my score.  i just two days ago, by chance, found out that the cerdit scores being sold out there online are not the scores creditors use.  i plan to purchase my equifax and transunion fico scores from myfico.com which is simple enough but i spent 40 minutes on the phone with EXPERIAN yesterday trying to get a straight answer as to how to purchase the fico score EX[PERIAN has for my credit worthiness.  i got nowhere.  can someone please tell me how.  any advice suggestions that do not require i apply for new credit/loans will be greatly appreciated.  i t hank you in advance.  pls send responses asap

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
m29
Regular Contributor

Re: how to purchase my experian FICO score

Unfortunately the rep you spoke with at Experian is correct! Experian no longer offers Fico scores to consumers unless you get it from a lender! Word on the street I believe is that there is a credit union in PA if you are a member they will give you EX score!! I think there is one other but I can't remember who it is! You can do a search on here there are several posts regarding the EX score!

Starting Score: 8/30/11 EQ 520 TU98 593
Current Score: LO Pull 3/5/12 EQ 659 TU04 652 EX 649
LO Pull 5/26/12 EQ 656 TU04 668 EX 651
Goal Score: 700 by 12/30/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto. Experian blocked consumers access to your own FICO score 3-4 years ago. MyFICO.com does offer FICO scores for EQ and TU. Equifax.com and TransUnion.com will sell you scores but they aren't FICO scores.

Message 3 of 13
leahjoy79

HOW TO GET EXPERIAN FICO SCORE WITHOUT CREATING A HARD INQUIRY AGAINST YOUR CREDIT SCORE

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WAY TO GET YOUR EXPERIAN FICO SCORE THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE  AN HARD INQUIRY?  OF ALL THE AGENCIES WHY IS EXPERIAN SUCH Edited ABOUT THIS?  I JUST RECENTLY DISCOVERED (QUITE BY CHANCE)  THE EXISTENCE OF FICO SCORES.  ALL THAT MONEY SPENT ON SCORES WHICH  IT TURNS OUT CREDITORS DONT ENEN CONSUDER.;  TO SAY THE LEAST I'M PISSED,  BUT ON TOP OF THAT NOW THEY WON'T GIVE OR SELL ME THIS  NUMBER WITHOUT TAKING THE HIT A HARD INQUIRY PRODUCES.  IS THERE ANY PROVEN OR TESTED WAY OF DOING THIS?   ANYONE? 

BY THE WAY THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE RESPONDED I JUST WISH YOU HAD THE ANSWER TO MY PROBLEM.   THANK YOU EVERYBODY IN ADVANCE

Message 4 of 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: HOW TO GET EXPERIAN FICO SCORE WITHOUT CREATING A HARD INQUIRY AGAINST YOUR CREDIT SCORE

leahjoy79 wrote:

Welcome to the forums !

You'll have to go to a creditor to get your EX FICO score.   There is a credit union, PSECU, that offers free monthly EX scores to its members ~ check their website to see if you are eligible to join.    Otherwise it will cost you an inquiry to see your EX FICO.

Also check your CAPS LOCK button ~ it is hard on the eyes to read all CAPS and some people interpret it as SCREAMING.   Smiley Tongue

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 13
underscore

Try freecredit.report .com

Message 6 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@underscore wrote:

Hi there.

None of the scores there are FICO scores. They are called "PLUS" scores and no lender uses them.

Message 7 of 13
marty56
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@underscore wrote:

Hi there.

None of the scores there are FICO scores. They are called "PLUS" scores and no lender uses them.

1st post recommending a FAKO site and nothing else.  Hmm...

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 13
leahjoy79

on the bottom of your post  it says gained 22 points onTU for last derog falling off (120)  19% util now, -0 util 8/2012  i am new to this so i don't understand and what do you mean about 1st post recommending a FAKO site and nothing else?  please what is a FAKO site, what is or does last derog falling mean  would greatly appreciate any insights you could shed

Message 9 of 13
doc101
Regular Contributor

I recently tried to obtain my EX score from the website directly. After a few questions, I was given a message stating that my identity couldn't be verified and I would receive a 4-digit pin in the mail to finish to finish the identity process. I will keep everyone posted on the outcome of this

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.