cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to purchase my experian FICO score

tag
leahjoy79

Re: HOW TO GET EXPERIAN FICO SCORE WITHOUT CREATING A HARD INQUIRY AGAINST YOUR CREDIT SCORE

ok if i must take the inquiry hit  please advise as to the best way to proceed.  is there any particular credit device i should apply for or does it matter?  thanks so much for being here to help i want to make good decisions and i have only just discovered the existence of fico scores.  thank you in advance for your help

Message 11 of 13
leahjoy79

Re: HOW TO GET EXPERIAN FICO SCORE WITHOUT CREATING A HARD INQUIRY AGAINST YOUR CREDIT SCORE

oh and by the way what is a CL?  also i am new at this so i am trying to get my savings account a little fatter before i apply for a credit card.  is that smart?  which are the best cards to apply for   or is it better to take out a loan?. pls don't get mad at me i'm just starting out and want to make good decisions.  thank you much

Message 12 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@leahjoy79 wrote:

ok if i must take the inquiry hit  please advise as to the best way to proceed.  is there any particular credit device i should apply for or does it matter?  thanks so much for being here to help i want to make good decisions and i have only just discovered the existence of fico scores.  thank you in advance for your help

This thread is a little confusing so in trying to make sense of it, here's my advice:

TLDR: Experian (EX) FICO Score: you cannot obtain it except from a lender on an application, IGNORE IT.

FICO scores change all the time, and just because you received one score from one lender, doesn't mean you're going to get the same score from a different lender, even if they both pulled EX.

So what to do instead?

Pull your credit *report* from Experian by going to annualcreditreport.com.  Also pull your EQ report from the same place.  Verify that the data is the same between both places.  If they are, just use your EQ score as found here for a pretty good estimate of what your EX FICO '04 Classic score is.  It won't be identical for various reasons, but it'll be close.

If it's not identical, say an additional (or lack of) a public record, or other deragory mark difference between the two reports, then most bets are off except for making SWAGs.

End of the day, eventually you'll make an application for some credit product which uses EX, you won't get the best terms (or it'll be a denial) and you'll have more information at least for that one lender on what your EX FICO is; however, and this is important:

Never ever take a hard inquiry just to find out your EX FICO score.  It isn't worth it, and it's plain bad math.  You don't know me but I'm firmly in the camp of thinking inquiries aren't a big deal, and for the most part they aren't, but this one is just a complete and utter waste.

The report data is what counts, if you have a good report, regardless of what algorithm they use, or bureau the lender pulls, you'll get a good resulting score.  That's the most important thing, FICO is just an instant in time scorecard of how you're doing, and the only score that *really* matters, is the one the lender pulls.  

So go on with life w/o worrying about what your EX FICO is specifically.

        
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.