cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i HAVE very complicated situation with CITI FINANCIAL PLEASE HELP!

tag
senseidab
New Contributor

i HAVE very complicated situation with CITI FINANCIAL PLEASE HELP!

In 2007 I had a CITI FINANCIAL PERSONAL LOAN in  which I paid off in  DEC 2014.  My credit report shows paid  as agreed and CLOSED.  I  recently checked my EXPERIAN REPORT and noticed that they had three accounts numbers under one account  The first waqs PAID IN FULL   The second was a new account number for what they say I owed in  "deferred inerest"  The third account had an amount of $20.00  Charged ff. Yes, and yet another account where the charge off was opened again with a $20.00 Balance..   I immeadiatly paid the $20.00 to shut them up and they never posted it to credit report , I paid again $20.00 and then the credit report said  2.00 dollars.In fact i redecently took out a one main personal; loan for debt consolidation, if i had owed CITI they would have cut aq check to themselves as they did others,,,,,,i know you cant make this crap up

I attempted from the executives on down to reslove the situation.   The executive resolution people say I owe 600.00 defered intrest and give me a number to call  collection ands pay them.  Collections says its 2.00 and they wont accept a payment by phone for less the 10.00   So I  write them a check and yes they cash the check for 2.00 dollars. I call for a confirmation and they say i owe them 23 cents and I shopuld find a CITI BRANCH and go in and pay.   do you believe thiS BS!

I then get a hold of there legal department and they send me a payed in full letter. I asked them why and how much the actual charge off was and they "say i dont know"! I ask them being the account was paid off in full pleasse satisfy the judgment in NC Court.  THey said they dont have a copy of the judgment. NC law requires creditor to satisfy judgment within 60 days of paid in full.   To end this magilla of a problem EXPERIAN has official report a charge off for yes, 2.00 written off...THe paid in full letter  states that any of 4 diffrent banks could have owned the loan during a recent merger which is BS because it has a CITI account number they are only giving themselves cover for the fact thay dont have a copy of judgement.    I tried 6 months to pay these idiots all while they continued to report  me 180 days late.    Can someone please give me some direction!     PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE     I am constant rejected mortgage for this only baddie 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i HAVE very complicated situation with CITI FINANCIAL PLEASE HELP!

I would call a lawyer on Monday that specializes in collection practices and get a consultation, many will do an initial one for free. Check the yellow pages in your area.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: i HAVE very complicated situation with CITI FINANCIAL PLEASE HELP!

I wonder if interest keeps accruing even though you pay a certain amonunt, did you ask for a payoff amount if they receive your payment by the deadline; or pay extra so you have a credit on your account, for example, if you owe $60, I'd pay $80 just to be sure and then when it is settled collect the credit back.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.