cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i just want to say (with full story, kinda long though)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just want to say (with full story, kinda long though)

Their 99/500 card may be nice but.......

I HATE BANK OF AMERICA!!!!Smiley Mad

Message Edited by trinigal on 07-09-2007 04:03 PM
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i just want to say

why, trini, what did they do to you?
Message 2 of 22
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

OK, this I gotta hear.  I will imagine the accent  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 22
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

trinigal wrote:
Their 99/500 card may be nice but.......

I HATE BANK OF AMERICA!!!!Smiley Mad

Ditto!

Let's ask them how many American citizens are being denied credit cards and mortgages and how many illegal aliens are being approved! BofA lost all credibility on that one for me - I even chose not to use them for my mortgage even though their deal was a little better than the one I actually got. They will never see a penny from me.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dem b$%&#es!!!

So, I'm sure I have mentioned on here that I have an account with them that was charged off back in 2005.  Only I only found out it was charged-off in May.  Embarassing to admit, but hey!  That's step 1 of our 12 Step Program innit?! 

But! I have a good reason, I entered that account and 2 others in a DMP back in 2005 because I was fresh outta school, no job, no money and I honestly didn't no one a$$ about credit or managing it, and a DMP sounded like my eternal saviour (note the british spellingSmiley Happy).  Anyhoo, according to my agreement with the DMP Bank of America agreed to re-age the account, to me that meant, no more collection calls (that's what it meant to me 2 years ago, certainly not what it means to me now).  So I started paying, and it's been 2 years, always wondering why in the world I'm not getting a bill.  I called the numerous times got bounced around finally someone would give me my balance, i'd say "hey i'm not getting a bill" they'd say "what's you address" I'd verify and that would be that, only to not receive a bill the next month.

Silly me again, I thought I was good because the balance was going down and to me that's all that mattered.

UNTIL OF COURSE I PULL MY CREDIT REPORT IN MAY!!!

Charged off???  What the a$$ does that mean??!!  (yes, i admit, i still didn't know and i'm still claiming step 1 of our 12 step program darnit!!)

Of course I tried to explain to the CSR that this was inaccurate, then he went into a whole spill about how most of it is interest and he could work out a settlement where i'd pay much less.  WHAT??!!  I've been paying for over 2 years do you think it's my goal to escape this debt........NO DUMMY!  BUT YOU PEOPLE ARE GIVING IT TO ME WITH NO (ok let me keep it pg)!!!  BTW I didn't say that last part, but I wanted to.Smiley Very Happy

Called the DMP, dude said he'd check it out and call me the next day and when he did, only confirmed that yes the account is charged off.

Ok start looking online and here's what I found:

charge off = death to your credit report!!!

Found you guys.........and I love you all!!

And started reading, everything is PFD, GW, great but I've been paying what to I do.  Consulted one of the pundits and was advised to make a call and see about getting account rehabilitated.

That is what I tried to do tonight and DEM B&^$%^ES!!!  Basically turned my down flat.  I said but doesn't my payments for over 2 years count for something?  "well maam (i hate when they call me MAAM!!) your payments are being managed by a DMP"  Uhhhh yes dingbat!! But where is the money coming from?  ME!! What's your point??!! 

By this point I'm sour no A$$!! (lil, bit a trini lingo 4 you guysSmiley Wink).  So I kindly asked, well would BankofA consider transferring the balance to a new account and deleting the old one?  Uhh Maam, yes you can transfer the balance but BofA will not delete accurate info. from your CRs.  And BofA certainly won't give you a new line of credit (she basically said that I'd see pigs fly before they did that, I could hear it in her condescending voice!!).

Anyhoo, the part that pisses me off the most is that the account was charged off in March 2005, and they received first payment from me in April 2005.  Ain't that a b$%^h??!!!  Found that out today...ya! TODAY! 

I kick myself in the foot for not knowing then what I know now.  I kick myself for paying them all this time because to them, that means NOTHING!  And I kick myself that I feel helpless now. I have plans and this is souring those plans.
 I do not know how to fix this and it's making me very upsetSmiley Sad

In the end though, I'm happy to share this, as embarassing as it is, because it will help somebody reading this. 

Redemption is a joke! Lady was so condescending talking bout you can prove your credit worthiness over time...my a$$!!!

But to end on a good note, today in the Caribbean, seas a normal with waves up to 2 metres in open waters and less than 2 metre in sheltered areas.  Today's high 90!!  But it's about to rain for the next 18 hours, or so they say.

Love y'all

-trini

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I've taken a minute, I feel better.

And I want to say this:

I completely understand that a charge off is a charge off.  And that all of this is basically my fault.  I guess my gripe is more with the system than anything else.  I think there should be some recourse other that 7 years of credit purgatory, or PFD Smiley Very Happy, if you have made a good faith effort to make good on your debts.

That's all I'm saying. 

So that should be a new rule.

Message Edited by trinigal on 07-09-2007 04:48 PM
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

trinigal, where you at in el caribe?
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dog,

Thought my name gave it away.

The lovely twin island republic of Trinidad & TobagoSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

is so embarrassed, once again.... Smiley Indifferent

trinigal wrote:
Dog,

Thought my name gave it away.

The lovely twin island republic of Trinidad & TobagoSmiley Wink

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

9 or 10 years ago, i would fire up one of my credit cards and take off for el caribe at the drop of a hat...sigh.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.