Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to know

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

i want to know

i learnt there is a difference between fico score and credit score can someone tell me the difference
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i want to know

wizeone wrote:
i learnt there is a difference between fico score and credit score can someone tell me the difference

In a word - wording.  The FICO score is one example of a credit score based on the FICO creditscoring model.  Even within you have different versions of the FICO.  There is also the Vantage, and the Plus.  There are the knock off FAKOs like credit Xpert and you also have scores such as the TransRisk scoring model.

HTH or is at least is as clear as mud.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit unions and certain lending agencies also can have their own scoring model- so even though they may pull your Fico's- they may have an in house scoring model that they go by too.

Yes- as previously said- clear as mud.

However, as of yet the leader in reporting are Fico's. Vantage is gaining some popularity- but Fico's still steers the bull by the horns.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are going to purchase a product to monitor your score, try to focus on one which will give you the FICO score, not so much the FAKO score. The FICO is pretty much the one that determines how the rest of your credit will be meaning that the higher the FICO, the better rates you will get from others who grant you credit. Best wishes, Missy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.