Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Upgrade Credit Program

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: iPhone Upgrade Credit Program

same here.. we've been with verizon for at least 4 or 5 years now.. just upgraded to iphone 8.. no credit check

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to know what this "iPhone" thing is that everyone keeps talking about. I'm assuming it's a phone based on the name. Is it like my Palm Treo 650?

It’s the iPhone X. Whether or not it’s worth is a being widely debated. So that’s another thread. Palm Treo 650, you gotta be kidding me! I had one of those when one of my kids was born. He’s in college now and he has never heard of it.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard the Palm Treo 650 boosts your FICO score by 100!

(/S)
Message 13 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to know what this "iPhone" thing is that everyone keeps talking about. I'm assuming it's a phone based on the name. Is it like my Palm Treo 650?

Presume your kidding but if not.. its a phone with the power of a small laptop in a portable form factor that makes calls and browses the internet..

Oddly enough I supported various smartphones over the years but didnt own one untill recently... I kinda liked the Treo 650....

Had a friend who had the Samsung I300.... and another who had the Handspring Visor..

My first smartphone was actually a One Plus One... untill then... I just stuck to Sony featurephones.... Still some things that they can do that an IFruit cannot... Bluetoothing contacts and files is something Apple still doesnt want to allow folks to do... 

Oddly enough some of us are starting to pay the same prices as if we bought one of the original luggable/brick car phones... that required installation.. 

Message 14 of 17
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

I’m a Verizon customer and just going to upgrade through them. They’ll do an installment plan and I avoid a HP. 

Once I have it, I’ll wipe clean my old iPhone and sell it to Verizon as credit agains the new phone. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I heard the Palm Treo 650 boosts your FICO score by 100!

(/S)

I wished that each of my tech toys boosted my score by 100.  I would be 800 by now!

Message 16 of 17
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

I’m a Verizon customer and just going to upgrade through them. They’ll do an installment plan and I avoid a HP. 

Once I have it, I’ll wipe clean my old iPhone and sell it to Verizon as credit agains the new phone. 

This is what I plan to do through AT&T (I currently have them), and if I want to payoff early, I can do so, but all about not getting the HP for this if I can help it.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.