Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identity theft AGAIN?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

identity theft AGAIN?

I have lurked for a while but now I need some help, my husbands idenitity was stolen 6 years ago by a member of his family., Over the past few weeks we have been trying to pull his reports and once it gets to the verify part it all comes up with these mortgages from 2009 and 2011 which we do not have and this comes up on all 3 reports once it gets to the verify page, and various other things neither of us have any knowledge of, so of course we do not know the answers to these, am i correct in thinking something fishy is going on again?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: identity theft AGAIN?

That's the point, it's meant as a security feature. Only you would know the mortgages are false. You should choose "None of the above" as the answer. :-) No it's intentional to give you false information to rule out random multiple choice a hacker could select from. You're ok.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not good that all 3 CRA are asking questions about mortgages for same time period that he has no knowledge of. It's time to get on the phone with them and verifying identity so he can check his reports.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh i selected the none of the above, it was wrong of course, the following questions were what were the mortgage payment on said mortgage, name of city you have lived in, which is none of the above, then name of street you have lived on, none of the above etc etc. The immigrant who did it the first time spent 4 years in prison and got out in 09, so it seems sort of fishy and has yet to pay us our restitution.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If he answers the identity questions to the best of his knowledge and they can't verify, he should call them so he can fax his info in and obtain his CR.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am planning on it tomorrow if we can actually manage to get a person on the phone and not some automated crap

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i am planning on it tomorrow if we can actually manage to get a person on the phone and not some automated crap

Keep us posted. It would be of great help for other fellow members here.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.