cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

if one credit bureau deletes but others do not....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

if one credit bureau deletes but others do not....

I was successful in getting an American Express account deleted from Equifax report. I don't know why they deleted it, I guess they were not able to verify or they just took my word for it that it was a corporate account and not a personal responsibility. But my question is this...will it do any good to send a copy of the deletion letter from Equifax to Experian and Transunion and ask them to delete it as well? Any help would be really appreciated....thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: if one credit bureau deletes but others do not....

Nope.. the CRAs could care less what the others are reporting.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: if one credit bureau deletes but others do not....

I'm goingto guess that AMEX didn't respond.  If not, consider yourself lucky. The only time a creditor is required to update all bureaus is ifthe info was inaccurate.  The down side is that if you dispute with the other bureaus, it may result in AMEX updating ll three with the derog info and yes they can even though they failed to verify the info the first time around. Accurate info can be reinserted anytime within the 7 yr reporting period.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.