Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in response to delete denial

tag
crapandgarbage
New Contributor

in response to delete denial

im sending this to CA. how does it sound? open to ideas.

I recently received a phone message from the original creditor, PensacolaChristianAcademy, in reference to my request to have this collection deleted from all three credit reporting agencies.  I was informed by the PensacolaChristianAcademy that they have requested that you remove this collection.  Conserve’s reply to their request was that a collection can not be removed because it would be against the law to do so.

My understanding is that it is not against the law to remove a collection reporting if and when it is requested by the original creditor or the true owner of the account as a good will gesture.  As far as removing information from credit reports, the reporting agency can remove any information that they report if and when the report is found to be in error or circumstances call for. Suffice to say, you hold all the rights to report the debt to the credit bureaus as you see fit and you can change that listing at any time as the source reporting the debt.

More importantly, as an agent for the original creditor, you can remove this tradeline at their request.

I understand this is a rather unusual request but I hope that Conserve is willing to work with me on completely erasing this mark to show that one missed final payment for $59 is not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness.                                                                                                              

I am sending PCA a copy of this letter and will ask them to continue to request that you delete this collection on their behalf.    

happy holidays

Message Edited by crapandgarbage on 12-22-2007 11:45 AM

Message Edited by crapandgarbage on 12-22-2007 11:45 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
theREBIRTHofCREDIT
Regular Contributor

Re: in response to delete denial

Your letter sounds GOOD to me!!

I am actually in the same boat as you right now. I sent a GW letter to the Original Creditor and asked them to get the Collection Agency to remove the collection from my report. I received a phone call from a rep at the original creditors office yesterday, and she told me that she contacted the collection agency and they told her that the collection can not be removed that it has to fall off in 7 years. I asked her if she was willing to move up the ladder to the supervisors (bosses) for me and she said yes, that she would do whatever it takes to help me and she also suggested that I write another GW letter and send it to the collection agency, so I guess I'll work on that this weekend..........The debt is paid and the original creditor agree to have it deleted. The collection agency works for the original creditor so why are the being so difficult? I don't understand..........
Goal Score 680+
Start Score ........ 2/05/14: ...EX 612 -TU 575 -EQ 567
Current Score .... 5/02/14: ...EX 652 -TU 655 -EQ 646

I almost paid for credit repair......until I found myFICO!!!!!
Message 2 of 5
theduke
Established Member

I would remove the language 'my understanding is' and just go right into telling them what the law is. Your 'understanding' can be wrong, but the law is never wrong, right? =)
Message 3 of 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Did the OC send you a letter confirming that?  You need to get it writing.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 5
crapandgarbage
New Contributor

i sent a letter to the OC asking them to request the delete in writing and to send me a copy of the request.

Does the CA have to do what the OC request?  The OC owns the account, can the CA still report?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.