cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interesting midland credit managment letter received today...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

interesting midland credit managment letter received today...

received today...i disputed as "not mine":

Dear _________,

The purpose of this letter is to request your assistance so that we may reach a quick resolution to your dispute.

We are attempting to verify your dispute and it would be helpful to have a copy of any documentation you may have that substantiates your dispute. In the interim, we have requested that the three major consumer credit reporting agencies change the status of this account to "Disputed."*

Please mail of fax cancelled checks, paid letters, police report to:  (800) 306-4443 Attention: Consumer Relations.

We can be reached at (800) 825-8131 ext. 2980, should you have any further questions.

Please understand this communication is from a debt collector.  This is an attempt to collect a debt.  Any information will be used for that purpose.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations

*Your credit report will not be updated if the federal reporting period has expired, or we have not previously reported on this account.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: interesting midland credit managment letter received today...

The creditor/collection agency obviously is unable to verify the account. Which is why they need your help. Legally, since they are unable to verify, this account must be deleted from your credit files within 30 days of your dispute per the FCRA. If you send them documentation, then you will give them the ammunition they need to verify the account and keep it reporting negatively on your credit file for up to 7.5 years. Please do not send them anything. It is up to them to furnish the evidence and get it from the original creditor.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is kind of what i was thinking!  Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you dispute with CRA's or send a DV letter to them?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

both.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They must think your a fool...I wouldn't give them any info. We know your not...Cause your a credit expert now! hehe! 
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

when i read the letter, i started laughing.  my wife thinks i am crazy...and she wonders why i am on the computer all the time. 

i have already started fixing her credit, without her knowledge, and plan to throw our six 700+ reports at her sometime next spring.  yay!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go DOG! Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is so cool. What a great husband.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks!  she will be very happy, especially if i can get the lates deleted from a student loan that she cosigned for her lazy, worthless slug of a brother....i ended up pif'ing it a few years ago for her, but didnt know at the time that i could have probably worked out a deletion with kheslc....wish me luck!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.