Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it bad when...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is it bad when...

my current address shows as my old address on my tu and eq, but ex has it right? and for past employers, it says "none on file" for all three, when i've had 3 employers in the last 3 years? if it is bad, who do i call/mail/email to fix it? it seems like it could be totally unimportant, or hugely important for verification of credit.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is it bad when...

It is better to have all of it updated. you may just call the CRA and ask them to update over the phone. This is good if the lender will do manual review. Mortgage, auto and some other type of loans almost always do. However...most Credit Card Companies (CCC's) are using automated underwriting, so they don't even know what adress you have listed with CRA.
Hope it helps.Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I just cleaned up all mine, and it didn't hurt my scores  Smiley Very Happy

They are correct enough for me not to bother any more
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

The only time you should really care about addresses is if you are in "repair mode".
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm in "build" mode. my history is a whole ten months nine if you ask eq
Message 5 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My employment history varies on my three reports. Only EX currently has my current job, but it's listed as "past employers," and it doesn't show any true past employers. EQ shows me as a housewife, but I've been back at paid work for 10+ years. TU shows me as "never employed."

Does any of this affect credit scores? I only see one more app for any kind of credit in the near future: converting from AU to joint on the long-history Discover card. I'd rather not get into it with the CRA's unless and until it's necessary. They seem to have a bit of an attitude, from what I read. thanks!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
My employment history varies on my three reports. Only EX currently has my current job, but it's listed as "past employers," and it doesn't show any true past employers. EQ shows me as a housewife, but I've been back at paid work for 10+ years. TU shows me as "never employed."

Does any of this affect credit scores? I only see one more app for any kind of credit in the near future: converting from AU to joint on the long-history Discover card. I'd rather not get into it with the CRA's unless and until it's necessary. They seem to have a bit of an attitude, from what I read. thanks!

Employment history on your CRs is irrelevant.  They list only your employer's name; you could be the janitor or the CEO and it would have no effect on your score. When it's time to apply for credit, the lender will ask you about employment and will require proof of income. 

If it's bothering you, you can have the info corrected on your CRs by disputing. 
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some companies cross reference employment information on your report with your application.

Don't update them if:
You have judgments or Collections
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
Don't update them if:

Good point.   If you have collections, you are telling the CAs where you now work (and where to find you) if you update.  And creditors with judgments will know where to go to garnish your wages.
Message 9 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't update them if:

Good point. If you have collections, you are telling the CAs where you now work (and where to find you) if you update. And creditors with judgments will know where to go to garnish your wages.

I don't have any collections or judgments, but from reading other posts, there seem to be a lot of bogus CA hits on CR's coming out of nowhere. It looks like the newest game involves the CRA's selling info on those of us whose scores are climbing to CA's, so that they can shake the trees to see if anything falls out. I don't know how these people can look at themselves in the mirror when they brush their teeth.

So I'm not going to worry about it--let sleeping dogs lie. Thanks, Masdeocho and Timothy!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.