Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it better to pay the OC or the CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is it better to pay the OC or the CA?

i'm refinancing my mortgage and they are paying off all my charge offs with some of the money we are getting back. I have two CO's which are both being handled by Ca's. The OC didnt sell the account to the CA they are just collecting for them. So would it be alright to just pay the OC. I know I should PFD but I'm out of time for that because the refi should close next week.

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Re: is it better to pay the OC or the CA?

Hi, I just did this on friday. I owed a local company 300 bucks, was on cr from a ca. I called the oc on friday and paid them directly, they then called the ca to have it removed from cr. i am going to check my cr's and see if it's off, i'm giving it a few days. i trust this local business and that's why i didnt pfd.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay the OC and ask them to ask the CA to quit reporting. After its paid in full dispute with the CRAs that the account was paid in full.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the others.  

See if the OC will work with you first.  If they will, pay the OC and ask them to tell the CA to stop reporting the item because it's paid.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Pay the OC and ask them to ask the CA to quit reporting. After its paid in full dispute with the CRAs that the account was paid in full.

Dispute "Not mine"

If you ask for a PIF they will update it PIF.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Timothy. You are right I realy meant to say dispute as PIF before account sent to collections or better yet not mine once it is PIF.

Message Edited by Rockjock on 09-19-2007 09:26 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.