Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is score on Credit Karma reliable?

tag
GTT
Regular Contributor

is score on Credit Karma reliable?

I just got my SSN in Jan, 2012 and Credit Karma shows I have a score of 718.

Is that accurate enough?

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Re: is score on Credit Karma reliable?

It uses the Transrisk score, but also shows your Advantage score. I subscribe to Transuinion and can tell you that CK vantage score is the same as my TU Vantage score. So, yes it is reliable. I just don't know about the Transrisk score since TU uses the Vantage score.

Message 2 of 52
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@GTT wrote:

Is that accurate enough?

CK is a TU "Transrisk" score which is called a FAKO score here. In other words useless. You need to pull your TU FICO from this site.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 52
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@GTT wrote:

Is that accurate enough?

It can't be correlated to a FICO score, so nope.  I would recommend getting at least one FICO score to know where you stand.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 52
GTT
Regular Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

It uses the Transrisk score, but also shows your Advantage score. I subscribe to Transuinion and can tell you that CK vantage score is the same as my TU Vantage score. So, yes it is reliable. I just don't know about the Transrisk score since TU uses the Vantage score.

Yes, Transrisk shows 718 and Advantage score shows 700.

I heard that it's only after 6 months that one could be possible to have a score...so I'm thinking whether it's really estimating some score for me.

Message 5 of 52
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@GTT wrote:

@Happychap wrote:

I heard that it's only after 6 months that one could be possible to have a score...so I'm thinking whether it's really estimating some score for me.

Lenders (credit card companies, banks, mortgage lenders and auto delearships) don't use those scores.

Message 6 of 52
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@fused wrote:

@GTT wrote:

@Happychap wrote:

Lenders (credit card companies, banks, mortgage lenders and auto delearships) don't use those scores.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 52
GTT
Regular Contributor

@fused wrote:

@GTT wrote:

@Happychap wrote:

OK, then it's useless for me so far....

Message 8 of 52
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

My Credit Karma scores are pretty darn close to my are pretty darn close to my FICO. Maybe a coincidence. Anyone know what the score range is for Credit Karma?

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 9 of 52
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Yeah most lenders still use FICO but if you don't wish to pay for your FICO you could just sign up for Quizzel or Credit.com to ge free scores along with your CK score. It wont give you your real FICO but it will give you a rough idea on your credit worthyness at least Smiley Wink Quizzel pulls Experian where Credit.com and CK pull TU.   Not sure if there is an identical service that uses EQ. Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.