Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is score on Credit Karma reliable?

tag
Chrysostom
New Contributor

Re: is score on Credit Karma reliable?

Ah, it's funny, I used to be a fan of the score not long ago at all: it closely tracked the few FICOs I got (from approvals or rejections) until I joined this forum, and bought MyFICO products. Now it tracks less and less closely with each passing month: my Credit Karma score has fallen steadily to 655, where a fresh Quarterly Monitoring FICO shows 733. An eighty-point differential, now - almost 20%, and a massive eighty points it is. The difference between the two is not even qualifying for anything but a Cap One or Credit One card or a 48-month car loan at 17% (with half the money down), and qualifying for almost anything, and getting middle of the road rates.

Goal: 760 by End of Year
Current Score: 714 TU (2-3/12); 681 EQ (2-3/12); 714 EX (AmEx Pull: 2-7/12); 777 VantageScore (2-3/12)
AmEx BCE ($4k) - AmEx SPG ($7.5k) - Amex PRG (NPSL) - Citi Forward ($7.6k) - Discover IT ($3k) - BankAmericard Cash Rewards ($5k)
Chase Freedom ($1k) - Chase Amazon ($3k) - PayPal Extras ($6k) - Cap One Cash ($0.5k) - Amazon Store ($2.5k)

Application-Free Since the 14th of the Second May of 2012.
Message 51 of 52
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Re: is score on Credit Karma reliable?

Credit Karma is way off for me.

I was removed as an auth user on an account a long time ago and it still says its open. I know my 3 reports show it was closed so I know for a fact its wrong. It's really throwing off my utilization.

Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.