Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this a goof PFD response?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is this a goof PFD response?

"....Our records indicate....you owe $XX.XX... This is what we will settle for and what we can do. Upon reciept of certified funds,we will delete you record from our system, Experian is who we report to. If we forward a report that you have paid the account in full this is what will be reflected. If we delete the account from our system it will show no record. I think this is what you want the report to reflect.  If you send the certified funds to me made out to " first lockhart national bank" I will have your accounts deleted. This letter and the reciept of certified funds you have sent will serve as proof of our agreement. When the accounts have been deleted I will send another letter of confirmation."

This is after sending 4 PFD letters to this bank for DHs closed account, and after sending it to the president- he responded within 3 days!

I am hoping this is what we want to hear, he just worded it weirdly, and not exactly as I have asked him to in the PFD letter I sent.

Will this get it deleted?

Thanks all!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is this a goof PFD response?

If you want it deleted from your CR, you do not want to accept this offer. You want it deleted from your CR, not their system.

acissej323 wrote:
"....Our records indicate....you owe $XX.XX... This is what we will settle for and what we can do. Upon reciept of certified funds,we will delete you record from our system, Experian is who we report to. If we forward a report that you have paid the account in full this is what will be reflected. If we delete the account from our system it will show no record. I think this is what you want the report to reflect.  If you send the certified funds to me made out to " first lockhart national bank" I will have your accounts deleted. This letter and the reciept of certified funds you have sent will serve as proof of our agreement. When the accounts have been deleted I will send another letter of confirmation."

This is after sending 4 PFD letters to this bank for DHs closed account, and after sending it to the president- he responded within 3 days!

I am hoping this is what we want to hear, he just worded it weirdly, and not exactly as I have asked him to in the PFD letter I sent.

Will this get it deleted?

Thanks all!

Message 2 of 8
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

However, if it really does get deleted out of their system and I would check maybe a week or two after paying them, then you may have the option of disputing with the CRA's because the CA will not have the info to validate and the CRA will have to delete.  I've actually had three OC's that were COs deleted because they no longer had they info in their systems to validate a dispute.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this response is truly from the president of this company, I suggest you re-write your request using crayons.  He might understand then.

I suggest that you send him a letter to sign prior to sending the fund.  Word the letter as you want and put his name at the bottom of the letter where he is to endorse it.

Then you have no dispute as to what they are to do.

Message Edited by JimmyMagno on 03-23-2008 07:15 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

____________________________________________________________________________________
This is what we will settle for and what we can do. Upon reciept of certified funds,we will delete you record from our system

If we delete the account from our system it will show no record

____________________________________________________________________________________

If this response is truly from the president of this company, I suggest you re-write your request using crayons.  He might understand then.

Perhaps the President of that company should have written in crayon's as well... What part of (and again I quote)...

Upon reciept of certified funds,we will delete you record from our system

If you send the certified funds to me made out to " first lockhart national bank" I will have your accounts deleted

Did you not understand?

OP, the guy gave you exactly what you asked for.  How many ways did you want him to say it?

Van

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow Van.. a little rude in your response... obviously I am not the only one who misunderstood his reply....

Thanks to everyone else, I spoke with him on the phone, and he will be mailing out a second letter stating that upon recieving certified funds,he will retract it from the CRAs.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I see many people could use some crayons....

The point of a PFD is to ensure that the information is deleted from the CRA.  A promise to delete from 'our systems' does not provide any assurances to delete from the CRA.

I fact, given the very minimalistic MOV that is used by a CRA, I would profer that this would end up remaining on the CRA report.

The point of PFD is to get the CA to agree that they would outright deny this account.  That was not offered by the president.

He offered to report accurately to the CRA... and delete the record from his system.  He could then say 'hey, your beef is with the CRA, we deleted it from our system'

Remember, you are dealing with the lowest form of human at a CA.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

___________________________________________________________________________________

wow Van.. a little rude in your response... obviously I am not the only one who misunderstood his reply....

___________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, sorry... I do tend to come off rude like that when I read comments that suggest  you should piss off a guy that just did you a big favor and actually gave you what you wanted.

Rest assured it wasn't your question that elicited the rude comment from me but a response to your question.

In any case, I do apologize.  I should not have let myself drop to the lowest common denominator in the thread.

Van

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.