Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is truecredit.com a good place to get reports and scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

is truecredit.com a good place to get reports and scores

It's 14.95 a month but I'm not sure really what you get and if this is even a good thing to do. I want to see my report and scores when I want with the scores and reports updated. And I want to check them when I want whether it is daily or every 30 days. I hate the 30 day time limit on some products I've seen. HELP I AM SO LOST
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: is truecredit.com a good place to get reports and scores

TC is ok for monitoring activity of your accounts, but not for scores. There is absolutely no relationship between TC scores and your real FICO scores.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a hard time understanding the fico score thing. I have received my free reports and a mortgage co pulled my report and from what i could remember the scores sounded about the same. I'm really at a loss of what to do I want to fix my credit but I'm so overwhelmed I really don't know where to go or even begin. ANY GUIDANCE WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED.

Another ? I had was do i need to call the CRA to find out DOFD or do I call the OC????
Message 3 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

twin - the only place to obtain your real FICO scores is at MYFICO.com.

If your are starting out to fix/improve your scores, first thing I would do is obtain my credit reports and scores from MYFICO.com.  Start with that.

As for DOFD - call the CRA's and ask them.

After you have a handle on your accounts, you can monitor them through TC or other service.  
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just sent you a message. John
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

twinranch, welcome to the forum. Here you will find an incredible amount of information, and very knowledgeable people to help answer your questions, and get you credit healthy.

I want you to know you are NOT alone. Many if not most of us first came here knowing absolutely nothing about how consumer credit works. I know I didn't.

We are all here to learn about credit, how to improve our credit scores. I strongly suggest you read this entire thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=6834

Also our Guide to Common Abbreviations: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=17002

The world of credit....FICO vs. FAKO, limits, inquiries, etc, etc, etc ad nauseum is a maze to maneuver through. Without a basic understanding, we would be lost forever.

It sounds like you are going in 300 different directions at once. I sure was when I first came here. Just slow down, take a deep breath and read, read, read.

Unfortunately, there is NO monitoring service available anywhere, to give you both daily CR's AND true FICO scores. We all wish there was such an animal but it doesn't exist. However some monitoring services allow you to pull your credit report with one of the 3 CRA's. And they will provide you with a credit score, but chances are they are FAKO scores, which are virtually worthless. Only FICO scores are the one's to be concerned with, as 90% of the nation's lenders use the FICO score to judge one's credit worthiness.

So sit back, relax, and read to your hearts content. Ask questions...as many as you want. We are all here to help each other

Good luck to you. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It is a good service if you want to monitor your accounts. I check my credit report everyday on the TC. As per the scores, you need to check on the myfico as the scores from myFico is universally accepted by major banks and companies. TC is a way to start your efforts to improve at low cost. I normally check my TC every day and once a month Fico Scores from myFico.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question:  when we purchase our scores from MyFICO, do we just receive our scores or the whole report?  Thanks for everybody's help, I'm slowly started to get my credit back in line!

Message 8 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

report and score
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you get from myFiCO are great and are complete.

They not only give you a full fledged credit report AND your scores, but also an analysis of what is helping or hurting your scores. They also include a "score simulator", giving you the ability to plug in variables(paying down cc's, etc) and give you a projected FICO score if you were to follow the recommendations.

I like the format better than those found elsewhere. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.