Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joint credit card never signed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

joint credit card never signed

My husband initially signed with my brother in law for a small credit card (bank of america).. however a couple of years later another credit card shows with my husband as joint from Wells fargo. My husband never signed this second one and my brother in law never signed my husband's name. The bank says they can't take him off and they don't have a paper showing initial opening of account (which I think is bull).. i have also put in a claim to credit bureau but of course wells fargo just lets them know it is legit. (But again no signature) . How can we get this handled? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ..
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: joint credit card never signed

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband initially signed with my brother in law for a small credit card (bank of america).. however a couple of years later another credit card shows with my husband as joint from Wells fargo. My husband never signed this second one and my brother in law never signed my husband's name. The bank says they can't take him off and they don't have a paper showing initial opening of account (which I think is bull).. i have also put in a claim to credit bureau but of course wells fargo just lets them know it is legit. (But again no signature) . How can we get this handled? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ..

That's wierd.

There's likely no good way of addressing it if neither side can produce the application, any reason why the account can't simply be closed if it's a problem?

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: joint credit card never signed

I have the similar situation that I just found out last month that I am a joint account with US bank with my husband !. His credit card account was opened since 2011. He has a checking account with US bank also. I then came to USA on 2008 and we went to the bank togetter to have me joint his checking account so I can get the debit card and also he added me to authorized user on his credit card. Last month I requested my credit report and found out that the US bank credit card that I have listed me as a joint account (co-signer) !!. I immeditely talked to my husband and we talked to US bank, they confirmed that I am a joint partner on this credit card !. I never signed anything regarding this account and I came to USA on 2008 how can I become joint ??!!!. They insist and told me that they cannot verify that and they don't have the original paper either. I gave them my green card and showed to them that "here is my green card, I came 2008 but this account was opened 2001" they do not care at all !!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.