Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

judgement never signed off on?? help!!

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

judgement never signed off on?? help!!

• well, i had a judgement from discover card on my credit report.  i disputed it on all 3 of my cr, and eq and tu deleted, but ex verified it.  i disputed it again as resolved, and again it was verified. 
  • i hired a lawyer to look into it, because i'm planning on purchasing a house this year, and need to have this judgment paid or deleted.  well, my lawyer found that the judgement was never actually entered.  the law firm filed for a judgement, but a judge never actually signed off on it.   my lawyer is planning to file a dismissal of the case, but he isn't sure how long it will take. 
  • he thinks maybe i can do a MOV for experian.  he thinks maybe they just saw that a judgement was filed, and that is how they verified it. 
  • any ideas on what i can do?  the actual court file is very thin, and some of the paperwork wasn't really filed, so i don't really have anything that i can send to experian as proving my case, per my lawyer.  Anyone have any similar experiences or advice? 
  • the DOLA on the actual card was 1999, and the judgement was filed in 2002.  the original charge-off account has already dropped off of my cr.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: judgement never signed off on?? help!!

I'm sending a PM.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.