Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just updating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

just updating

I feel compelled to update my situation.  Since I started  the process of refinance back in Jan 2008, I have learned a lot about Credit Reports and how to get them corrected.  Through out my life, never before had I paid much attention to them until my mortgage broker pointed out to me the benefits of keeping it up to date and corrected. 

Wow, what a difference, just getting rid of the wrong information, my Mortgage broker was able to rescore and it raised my mid score over 35 points to a 685.  In the process, this action lowered my loans interest rate on my new mortgage and saved me a lot of money. 

Since then, I have continued to work my reports and I have had good success in getting a judgement removed that was paid off in 2006 and then was Non-suited so that it should not have even been reported any longer.  i also like to think I got even with a CA who was reporting a collection 4 separate times.....that item has been removed.  I had a student loan on my report that was proven to have been paid off early since 2002 with no late payments. 

bottom line.....following this wisdom that i found here, I have been able to have removed all  the bad information with the exception of one Charge off for a credit card in Nov 2002.  While I would like to see it go away, I will wait if I have too for it to come off. 

thanks for the help!    
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.